At Mt. West Montessori we understand that one of your most important responsibilities as a parent is choosing the right school for your child. Our process of admission is designed to aid you in making a well informed decision. We welcome you!
- Introductory Parent Meeting: Parents must attend a scheduled meeting from 9-11am. This meeting will inform parents of basic Montessori Philosophy, give you a brief school tour and talk about the benefits that Mt West Montessori as a school provides. Please click this LINK to sign up for a class.
- Submit an Application Form with a $25.00 non-refundable fee. After an introductory meeting your are invited to submit an application form. Once your application is submitted and reviewed, we will schedule:
- Classroom observation and a conference with the Head of School. This meeting should be attended by all interested parties regarding school enrollment. Both parents if possible should attend. These meetings are usually held in the mornings.
- Parent will bring child to visit with a Montessori teacher or “Guide” for a 30 minute scheduled observation from 3 to 3:30 pm.
- Children enrolling in our Elementary/Adolescent Program will be asked to schedule a visit to the school environments for 1 or 2 days for an observation. Children will visit from 8:30-3:00pm.
- After careful consideration, the school will mail out written notice or call the parent if your child has been accepted to Mt. West Montessori School.
- Once you received acceptance notice a $50.00 non refundable waiting pool deposit must be submitted, which will be used towards registration fee payment, once there is a space available.
- If there is an immediate space available, your child will be accepted and the remainder of the registration fee will be due immediately. We will hold the spot for 3 days ONLY.
Montessori as a transformative process of education has much depth. By accepting a space in at Mt.West Montessori, parents commit to participate in at least 4 meetings during the first year or enrollment. The series of “Montessori Parent” is created for your deep understanding of philosophy and the “flow” that a Montessori child experiences as a life long learner through a Montessori program like ours.
Again thank you for your interest in our school.
Head of School.